The repair process can seem overwhelming, but it doesn’t need to be so. As a general rule, the more damage there is, the more complex the repairs will be. USA Touch Up Auto Body, Inc. is committed to keeping the process as streamlined and efficient as possible to provide you with superior customer service. Listed below are the standard procedures involved in the repair process.
- Administrative Details: Once an estimate is written, authorization is obtained from the insurance company and/or owner.
- Parts: In most cases, parts are ordered before the vehicle goes into production. Parts are ordered based on the initial estimate.
- Disassembly: The estimate is given to the technician assigned to repair your vehicle. All damaged parts are removed, your car is then given to the blueprint team, and an inventory detailing all hidden damage found at this time is prepared for the Service Advisor.
- Revised Estimate: Using the detailed inventory of additional hidden damages, the Service Advisor makes appropriate changes to the original estimate. This information is forwarded to the insurance company and the vehicle owner is notified. Additional repair authorization is obtained at this time.
- Additional Parts: After the estimate is revised, additional parts needed for repairs are ordered.
- Structural Repairs: If any damage is found to the inner structure (uni-body) or frame of the vehicle, it is repaired with our state of the art electronic measuring system and frame rack.
- Cosmetic Repairs: After removing the vehicle from the frame rack, sheet metal repair and replacement operations are performed.
- Refinish Preparation: All panels that need to be refinished are put through a thorough preparation process.
- Refinishing: The outside finish is applied in one of two Blowtherm downdraft/heated spray booths.
- Polishing: The exterior of the vehicle is polished as needed to match the original factory finish and texture.
- Reassembly: The vehicle goes back to the body shop to have all trimwork, such as door handles and moldings, reinstalled
- Detailing: The vehicle is cleaned thoroughly, inside and out.
- Quality Control: Each area that was repaired is inspected closely to ensure that all work was properly completed. In addition, most repaired vehicles are road tested.
- Customer Called: Your Service Advisor will call you with updates concerning your auto body repair every 3-5 days.
This streamlined repair process has been carefully created to ensure customer care and satisfaction. If you have any questions about the process, please contact your Service Advisor for more information.